One of TJ’s favorite treats is homemade banana bread. There is something nostalgic about it for him so whenever he’s had a rough week or comes back from a long work trip (or I have browning bananas), I make these! They smell so good, it’s like a warm banana bread hug when you walk through the door.
Since Valentine’s Day was approaching, I finally got to use my mini heart shaped pan to make a jumbo heart muffin along with some regular sized muffins <3 Hope you enjoy these!
Paleo Banana Muffins
- 1/3 cup + 1 TBS Almond Butter
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/4 TSP Vanilla Extract
- 3 Small Extra Ripe Bananas
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- 1 TSP Baking Soda
- 1 TSP Ground Cinnamon
- 3/4 TSP Pumpkin Spice Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin tin with oil. I like to use coconut or olive oil spray.
- In a small bowl, mash up banana and put to the side. In a large bowl, mix almond butter, egg, and vanilla with a spatula or whisk. One those are mixed well, add in the mashed banana and stir until smooth.
- Add in almond flour and stir. Then evenly distribute the baking soda, cinnamon, and pumpkin spice. Stir well to make sure there aren’t any clumps. The batter should be medium thickness, not too heavy but not runny. (If you want to do any add-ins like chocolate chips, now is the time to mix them in!)
- Use a spoon to fill up 9 muffin cups but don’t fill them all the way to the top. Fill about 3/4 way full.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes (depends on your oven). I stick a toothpick in the center of the muffin and if no raw batter sticks to the toothpick, they’re done!