I’ve always loved chili in the winter because it’s hearty, full of protein, and I can sneak in veggies. However, I’m not a fan of beans and just feel better without beans in my life so I left them out of this recipe. If you’re a bean lover like my hubs, bean away my friend! This recipe is just as delish with beans.
I use organic ground chicken rather than ground turkey because I like the flavor and consistency better. Feel free to use Turkey or even beef in this recipe.
Chicken Chili Without Beans
- 16 oz Ground Chicken I use organic
- 2 TBS Olive Oil (or oil of choice)
- 1/2 Chopped Yellow Onion
- 1 Chopped Bell Pepper Red, yellow, or orange
- 2 cloves Chopped Garlic
- 2 Cubed Zucchini
- 1 can Rotel Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies don’t drain liquid
- 1 can Tomato Paste (no salt added)
- 1/2 cup Tomato Sauce
- 1/4 cup Chicken Broth More if you like a brothier chili
- 1/2 TBS Cumin
- 1/2 TBS Chili Powder
- 1/2 TBS Oregano
- 1/2 TBS Basil
- 1/2 TSP Cayenne Pepper Use 1/2 TBS if you like spicy
- 1/2 TBS Ground Black Pepper
- Garnishes-cilantro, avocado, vegan cheese
- Heat oil on medium in pot and add garlic, onion, and bell pepper. Saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add ground chicken, stir, and cook until lightly browned. About 5-7 minutes. Then add zucchini and jalapeno and stir.
- Add tomato paste, tomato sauce, canned tomatoes (pour juice from can too) and all seasonings. Stir well.
- Slowly pour in chicken broth and stir. If you prefer a brothier chili, you can add more broth.
- Turn the flame down to medium-low and let simmer for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve in bowl and top with toppings of choice!